Date Added: 6 August 2019
: 19 August 2019
Job Title: Social Media Officer
Working For: Labour for a Public Vote
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are looking for a social media expert to produce a series of adverts, memes and social media posts on a range of topics related to Brexit, No Deal, the Labour Party and the possible autumn General Election.
We will provide all the information you need, so an in-depth knowledge of the subject is not essential, but some understanding of both the Labour Party and Brexit would be helpful.
This will initially be a short term, timebound project to be completed in the space of a few weeks.
It is likely that further work will be required on an ad hoc basis. There is also the possibility of a ongoing role.
This role would suit applicants who are able to work with some degree of flexibility.
- Managing and producing proactive and reactive content for Labour for a Public Vote's social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Engaging existing stakeholder audiences and developing new ones
- Developing social media content including posts, memes and graphics on issues related to Brexit and the Labour Party, for Labour for a Public Vote and related channels.
- The ability to take and edit video and audio files would be an advantage.
- Experience of using social media channels in a professional context
- An understanding of how to use communication channels strategically as part of a communications plan
- Good written and multi-media communication skills
- Some demonstrable experience of working in / with the UK Labour Party and / or trade unions
- Some demonstrable experience of working in a team with regional / remote colleagues
- Ability to take and edit video and audio files
- Short term, with the possibility of extension
Closing Date: 19 August 2019
Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date
Please submit a CV and a covering letter of no more than two sides which sets out your suitability for the post to email@example.com
N.B. the deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on the the closing date.
If you have any questions please contact Ben Duncan-Duggal at