Date Added: 6 August 2019
: 4 September 2019
Job Title: Political and Parliamentary Officer
Working For: The Co-operative Party
The Co-operative Party works to ensure that co-operative values and principles play a positive influencing role within British politics and the Labour movement. The Political and Parliamentary Officer of the Party will play a crucial role in ensuring that co-operators are elected at all levels of government and that the Party’s aims and objectives are well understood and supported with our key audiences.
It is an exciting time for the Co-operative Party as we seek to grow and develop, the successful candidate will join a dedicated and experienced staff team and an organisation determined that the Party continues to deliver for its members and the co-operative movement.
The Political and Parliamentary Officer will:
- Play a vital role in the delivery of the Party’s work to influence the legislative and policy framework in favour of co-operation.
- Work to ensure co-operators are elected to all levels of government.
- Ensure Co-operative Party’s political representatives are connected to the co-operative movement and understand its priorities.
- Work to shape and deliver the legislative affairs of the Party including supporting the Parliamentary Groups.
- Work directly with MPs to deliver our policy and legislative agendas.
This role will be based at the Co-operative Party's offices in London.
Closing Date: 4 September 2019
Interviews are likely to be held week commencing 16th September.
Further details of the role and the key experience, knowledge and skills needed can be found here: www.party.coop/jobs.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org