Date Added: 7 August 2019
: 19 August 2019
Job Title: Campaign Organiser
Working For: Trafford Liberal Democrats
Trafford Lib Dems saw our best result for a decade in the local elections this year and topped the poll across Trafford in the European Elections.
If you are a friendly, committed and organised person interested in managing the activities of a local political party and a large team of volunteers then please apply to join us.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Leading production of creative and effective digital and printed communication to deliver our agreed literature plan.
- Coordinating the work of local volunteers - ensuring we have an active and energised team of members and supporters strong enough to achieve our electoral objectives.
- Leading and generating voter contact activity.
- Collaborating effectively with the local party – and other partners supporting the local party’s campaigns, such as ALDC, National Campaigns Department and other nearby local parties.
- Supporting the management of the local party’s electoral and membership data
- Monitoring and responding to contacts via the office and the website.
We're looking for someone:
- who is goal oriented: Setting and achieving ambitious goals.
- who is collaborative: Able to maintain productive relationships with PPC, Local Party Chair, Councillors, Campaign Team, Local Party Executive, National Campaigns Department and Trafford Local Party volunteers.
- who is motivating: Strong ability to achieve results via other people. Someone who motivates and energises volunteers
- who is organised: Able to handle a large and varied workload. Someone who can set clear practical priorities for themselves and others
- who takes the initiative: Creatively identifies opportunities to deliver objectives
- who shares our values: Sympathise with aims and objectives of the Lib Dems
- Campaigning: Practical experience of delivering political change and/or winning elections via effective campaigning.
- Desktop & Digital Publishing and Design: Production of strong literature via DTP – including, preferably, PagePlus
- Computers: Confidence with word-processing and spreadsheets. Knowledge of databases preferred.
- Volunteer Management: Experience of working with and motivating volunteers.
- Financial management: Basic budget management
Having a full driving licence and access to a car is desirable.
Closing Date: 19 August 2019
Deadline for applications: 5PM on the closing date.
Applicants are encouraged to inform us if any reasonable adjustments are needed to be made during any part of the recruitment process. We will notify all applicants when the process is complete.
To apply please send a covering letter and your CV to
22 Meadow Bank
Cheshire, WA15 6QP