Date Added: 7 August 2019
: 29 August 2019
Job Title: Office Manager (German Speaking)
Working For: Rt Hon Greg Hands MP (Chelsea and Fulham)
Salary: In line with IPSA guidelines
Greg Hands MP is looking for a hard-working, experienced, and motivated Office Manager to work in his Parliamentary office in Westminster. The successful applicant will work as part of a small team located in the House of Commons, supporting Greg in his role as MP for Chelsea & Fulham.
The candidate must be a fluent German speaker, and highly organised individual educated to graduate level. They must be a team player, have attention to detail, and HR knowledge/ experience. Strong administrative, IT, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills are essential. Research or policy experience and knowledge of Parliament and parliamentary procedure is advantageous, but not essential. Experience outside politics is also valued.
Main duties include:
- Comprehensive and efficient administrative and organisational support. This includes diary and events management, along with booking meetings/travel.
- Processing expenses and registering financial interests in a timely manner.
- Keeping accurate and orderly files.
- Maintaining relationships with key stakeholders both in person and over the phone.
- Assisting with drafting documents, letters, mail outs and reports etc.
- Providing support to the Senior Constituency Caseworker when required.
- Writing agendas, briefing notes and itineraries for the Member, and ensuring he is in receipt of all relevant information prior to meetings/events.
- Ensuring accurate office and personnel records are kept up to date, and that information is managed confidentially and in line with GDPR.
- HR, including recruitment.
- Scheduling interviews with journalists.
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills, as well as experience of working in small team.
- Fluent German speaker - able to organise appointments and interviews.
- Literate with the Microsoft Office and Google Suite, including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Google Calendar.
- Ability to use their initiative and manage/prioritise their own workload.
- Excellent team ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 August 2019
It is possible that this vacancy could close sooner should a suitable candidate be found.
Otherwise, interviews will take place w/c 2nd September 2019. The start date is also September 2019, and you will be provided with a comprehensive handover document.
Please send a CV (with covering letter outlining your suitability for the position) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Office Manager (German Speaking) Application".