Date Added: 7 August 2019
: 18 August 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Neil Parish MP (Tiverton and Honiton)
Salary: Within IPSA Guidelines
The role will focus on constituency casework and policy correspondence and will involve dealing directly with constituents on a wide range of issues. It will include:
- Corresponding with constituents about casework issues on behalf of the Member
- Providing information, advice and support to constituents over the phone or in writing
- Liaising with central and local government organisations
- Maintaining accurate records
- Some policy casework with scope for development
- General office administration and support
The following skills are essential:
- A polite and professional manner
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- The ability to make written representations of a high standard, accurately and concisely
- Competent use of IT (experience using casework processing software is desirable but not essential)
- Literate with the Microsoft Office suite, including MS Outlook and MS Word
- The ability to prioritise and manage a caseload efficiently
- Record keeping and dealing with confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- The ability to work independently, whilst also contributing to a small, tight-knit team
- Knowledge and understanding of the political landscape
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 August 2019
The deadline for receipt of applications is 11pm on the closing date. Interviews will take place soon after the closing date with a view to the successful candidate starting as soon as possible.
Please send a one-page cover letter with a full CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Address the application to Neil, with the subject line: 'Caseworker Application'.
All applications submitted by the closing date will be reviewed.