Date Added: 7 August 2019
: 14 August 2019
Job Title: Policy Assistant (3 Month FTC)
Working For: The Salvation Army
Salary: £9.50 per hour (Five Days a week)
Policy Assistant key responsibilities:
- To work alongside the Public Affairs Advisers as they deliver the Public Affairs Unit's key public policy objectives within our priority areas of Homelessness, Modern Slavery and Universal Credit
- Support the Public Affairs Unit as they raise awareness of key policy issues that affect our service users by influencing decision makers and opinion formers about national policy issues.
- Assist with the monitoring of internal and external stakeholders for key policy areas.
- Support the Public Affairs Unit by conducting policy research on any number of issues which may affect our service users or wider mission, with a particular focus on universal credit focus groups and undertaking qualitative analysis
- Support public affairs work at both internal and external conferences and assist with preparations at the 2019 Party Conferences.
- Assist The Salvation Army in delivering key campaigns.
This is a fixed-term position for 3 months.
We are involved in media, policy and lobbying work. The post holder will be able to liaise with politicians, frontline personnel and internal stakeholders, have competence in multitasking and will be able to assist with the running of complex events.
Closing Date: 14 August 2019
Interviews are due to take place on the week commencing Monday 19 August.
Start date in the week beginning 26 August
Please send your CV and a short cover letter of no longer than 500 words highlighting your suitability for the role to email@example.com by the closing date.
Applicants will be asked to complete a short written task to be brought to the interview.
8th August 2019 - The Job Title and Job Details fields have been updated.