Date Added: 7 August 2019
: 25 August 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Bob Seely MP (Isle of Wight)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Bob Seely MP is seeking to recruit a parliamentary assistant based in Westminster. The successful applicant will be highly organised, a strong communicator with excellent written English and who works accurately to deadlines. Ideally, the successful applicant will have experience and knowledge of UK Politics and the Houses of Parliament.
- Providing briefings and material to be used by the Member in speeches in the House and in Committee hearings.
- Monitoring Hansard, local and national media, and upcoming legislation for opportunities for the Member to advance his policy interests.
- Undertaking research on complex subjects, defining and organising research priorities and meetings.
- Project Management
- Gathering material on the Member’s work and Government policies that the Member can use in pro-active correspondence with constituents.
- Drafting articles for local and national publications.
- Providing generalist admin support
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 25 August 2019
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, and appointment may be made before the closing date with start date as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than one A4 page with font size 12 text, setting out your eligibility for the role to email@example.com. Please put "Application for Parliamentary Assistant" in the email subject line.
For more details, please contact Jo Moore, 01983 220 220, or email firstname.lastname@example.org