Date Added: 8 August 2019
: 1 September 2019
Job Title: Policy Development Officer
Working For: The Independent Group for Change
Salary: £30,000 per annum
The Independent Group for Change is keen to recruit a Policy Development Officer to help administer the development of our policy platform and to co-ordinate Party affairs in Parliament.
Our primary duty as a Party is to put the best interests of the people of our country first. Our aim is to pursue policies that are evidence-based, and will reflect the lifetime journey of the individual in our society from cradle to grave, in order to source sustainable solutions to the challenges of our time. Policies across sectors are interlinked and we must recognise and understand the connections in order to best serve our ideal of creating opportunities to increase quality of life. We are determined to be ambitious and forward thinking, leaving old party-political interests behind in order to create a centrist space for those who believe in a better Britain.
We recognise the value of healthy debate, and we aim to include people with differing opinions in order to reach across outdated divides. We aim to build a consensus so that together, we can present solutions to the challenges our country faces.
We are looking for a bold candidate who shares our values and is committed to changing politics for the better. If you are passionate about current affairs, are keen to work in politics and have a firm belief that politics can and will be done better, come join us.
- Key role in the development the Party’s policy
- Gather and analyse new evidence using bespoke surveys; focus groups; or interviews, as agreed by the team
- Undertake reviews where needed and create an evidence support for key policy topics
- Assist in the coordination of multiple projects and strands of work in various areas of policy
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role
- Degree desired but not necessary
- Prior policy / research experience desirable, ability and desire to think and work laterally
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication
- Ambition to make significant contribution in small team with the ability to work independently, resilient and positive attitude
- Competent user of social media platforms
- An interest in and knowledge of current affairs and the political environment
- Ability to gather evidence to form policy by working collaboratively and build relationships with key communities
Closing Date: 1 September 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Please apply with a copy of your CV and a single sided covering letter to Sian Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions about this opportunity to work in a small and driven team, please email Sian directly at email@example.com – she will be happy to discuss any aspects of the role.
Aug 28: Removed at advertiser's request