Date Added: 8 August 2019
: 8 September 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: The Independent Group for Change
Salary: £30,000 per annum
The Independent Group for Change is looking to recruit a Communications Officer to help manage the party’s media relations, social media presence and overall communication strategy.
Our primary duty as a Party is to put the best interests of the people of our country first. Our aim is to pursue policies that are evidence-based in order to source sustainable solutions to the challenges of our time. We are determined to be ambitious and forward thinking, leaving old party-political interests behind in order to create a centrist space for those who believe in a better Britain.
We recognise the value of healthy debate, and we aim to include people with differing opinions in order to reach across outdated divides. We aim to build a consensus so that together, we can present solutions to the challenges our country faces.
We are looking for a bold candidate who shares our values and is committed to changing politics for the better. If you are passionate about current affairs, are keen to work in politics and have a firm belief that politics can and will be done better, come join us.
- Developing media and communications strategy, drafting press releases and managing with press enquiries, liaising with journalists and stakeholders
- Leading on digital content creation and marketing materials, writing copy for Party website and Social Media, posting content, monitoring social media
- Monitoring media and analysing data
- Sharing ideas for creative digital campaigns that will engage our network
- Researching and writing content - articles and speeches
- Degree desired but not necessary
- Prior media / communications experience desirable
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication
- ambition to make significant contribution in small team
- Ability to work independently, resilient and positive attitude
- An interest in and knowledge of current affairs and the political environment
- Desire and ability to seek out innovative solutions to complex problems
Closing Date: 8 September 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Please apply with a copy of your CV and a single sided covering letter to Sian Green at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions about this opportunity to work in a small and driven team, please email Sian directly at email@example.com – she will be happy to discuss any aspects of the role.