Date Added: 8 August 2019
: 3 September 2019
Job Title: Constituency Caseworker
Working For: Liz Kendall MP (Leicester West)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
An opportunity has arisen to join Liz Kendall’s busy team as a caseworker. Based in the constituency office of Leicester West, this important role will assist in providing an excellent service to Liz’s constituents and the ideal candidate will have experience within casework, advocacy or advice and guidance role, bags of enthusiasm and an excellent standard of customer service.
Good written English and a professional telephone manner are essential. A driving licence is desirable and this position may involve some evening and weekend work.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with correspondence, telephone enquiries and emails and provide timely responses
- Attending surgeries and other meetings and taking notes
- Gathering information relevant to assist cases
- Liaising with various agencies and organisations to resolve constituents' problems
- Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure all actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with Data Protection Act
- Draft responses to constituents
- Produce casework reports
Skills required include:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise, manage own workload and project management skills
- Good IT skills – knowledge of and use of casework and customer relationship management databases be helpful
- Good customer service skills - ability to deal with constituents and community interest groups in a helpful and sympathetic manner
- Able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Experience of advising on subjects such as housing, welfare benefits or immigration issues.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 3 September 2019
The interviews for this position will be held on the 9th September with scope for a second interview on 13th September
Please send your CV and a covering letter setting out why you think you would suit this job to Jon Parkes, Senior Caseworker, at firstname.lastname@example.org