Date Added: 8 August 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Caseworker (4 days a week)
Working For: Tonia Antoniazzi MP (Gower)
Location: Gorseinon, Swansea
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Responsibilities include responding to constituents queries via emails, telephone calls, letters, and face-to-face; deal with casework beginning to end, liaising with government agencies and others to resolve problems; attending surgeries. The successful candidate should be highly motivated to help people and be able to demonstrate a commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Party.
- Provide information, advice and support to constituents on a range of issues
- Deal with emails, letters, telephone enquiries and visitors in a professional manner
- Liaise with the Westminster office and MP to ensure accurate and timely responses to constituents
- Make written representations of a high standard, in an accurate and concise manner
- Attend surgery sessions around Gower
- Dealing with constituents’ sensitive issues and information confidentially.
- Keep accurate records using caseworker system in compliance with Data Protection laws.
- Working hours are flexible but must include Mondays and Fridays. The post may require weekend and evening work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and naturally comfortable dealing with a broad cross section of people
- Forensic attention to detail
- Polite and friendly phone manner
- Reliable, with ability to multi-task
- Awareness and understanding of current political issues
- Ability to work unsupervised and to manage and prioritise a demanding workload
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good IT skills (proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
- Prior experience of advice/casework
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Knowledge of Caseworker.MP
- Full clean driving licence
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
Interviews will be conducted in Swansea on Monday, 2nd September. The start date for the post will be as soon as possible thereafter.
Please email your CV and one page covering letter outlining your experience in relation to the role as set out above. Please email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Caseworker Application’ no later than 5pm on the closing date.
9th August 2019 - The interview date has been corrected.