Date Added: 8 August 2019
: 28 August 2019
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Ross Thomson MP (Aberdeen South)
Salary: In line with IPSA Payscales based on experience
Ross Thomson MP is looking for a hard-working, experienced, and motivated Office Manager to work in his Constituency Office in Aberdeen. The successful applicant will work as part of a small team located in the constituency office, supporting Ross in his role as MP for Aberdeen South.
The candidate must be a highly organised individual. They must be a team player, have attention to detail, and HR knowledge/ experience. Strong administrative, IT, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills are essential.
Main duties include:
- Comprehensive and efficient administrative and organisational support. This includes diary and events management, along with booking meetings/travel.
- Processing expenses and registering financial interests in a timely manner.
- Keeping accurate and orderly files.
- Assisting with drafting, letters, mail outs and reports etc.
- Providing support to the Senior Constituency Caseworker when required.
- Writing agendas, and itineraries for the Member, and ensuring he is in receipt of all relevant information prior to meetings/events in the constituency.
- Ensuring accurate office and personnel records are kept up to date, and that information is managed confidentially and in line with GDPR.
- HR, including recruitment.
- Updating the website with the members constituency activities.
- Ensuring adequate offices supplies, working with suppliers.
- Seeing through local campaigns ensuring stakeholders are informed to raise awareness of ongoing issues across the constituency.
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- Excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills, as well as experience of working in small team.
- Literate with the Microsoft Office and including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and One Drive.
- Ability to use their initiative and manage/prioritise their own workload.
- Excellent team ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 28 August 2019
It is possible that this vacancy could close sooner should a suitable candidate be found.
Otherwise, interviews will take place w/c 2nd September 2019. The start date is also September 2019.
Please send a CV (with covering letter outlining your suitability for the position) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Office Manager Application".