Date Added: 8 August 2019
: 5 September 2019
Job Title: Director of External Relations
Working For: New Schools Network
This role will include the following responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Director to determine NSN’s communications strategy;
- Develop NSN’s relationships with key policy makers and influencers across political parties and sector players;
- Support NSN’s fundraising activity, securing grant and individual donations;
- Act as a first port of call for journalists, developing reactive responses and pitching proactive media releases;
- Managing and working with the External Relations team to deliver regular articles, opinion/comment pieces and blogs across a range of digital and print publications.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Communications experience – The Director of External Relations will have experience of planning and executing organisation wide communication strategies. In their previous roles they will have had experience of dealing with crisis communications, reactive responses and will be able to demonstrate having secured high profile proactive coverage.
- Policy experience – The Director of External Relations will have real policy acumen and experience of building trusted relationships across industry, including think tanks, civil servants, parliamentarians and Government to develop organisational policy positions and influence decision makers.
- Fundraising and business development knowledge – The Director of External Relations will understand the context of charity fundraising and will feel confident pitching NSN’s work to donors ranging from from foundations and individuals, through various techniques including events.
- Leadership – The Director of External Relations will be part of NSN’s Senior Leadership Team, developing NSN’s strategy and supporting teams across the organisation to deliver it.
- Management experience – The Director of External Relations will have experience of growing and coaching a team.
- Outstanding communication skills – The Director of External Relations will use their outstanding communication skills to support the External Relations Team to create engaging content that tells the organisation’s story through a range of different platforms.
- Passion for education – The Director of External Relations will need to possess a genuine passion for education reform.
Closing Date: 5 September 2019
We are looking to interview as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
To apply for this role, please e-mail email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for this job.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment with our Director, Unity Howard.
16th August 2019 - The email address for enquiries has been corrected.