Date Added: 8 August 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Acting Director
Working For: Conservative Environment Network
The Conservative Environment Network (CEN) is an independent forum, Parliamentary Caucus, and membership organisation for conservatives who support conservation and decarbonisation. We are looking for an Acting Director to lead our growing, influential team. The Acting Director will, together with the Board, set the strategic direction. The Acting Director will be responsible for delivering the organisation’s aims and objectives. The organisation is growing rapidly and the acting status of the directorship will be reviewed by the Board after 6 months.
We are looking to make a senior appointment and the role is ideal for an experienced political operative with a deep understanding of both environmental policy and UK politics. The successful candidate will have experience engaging both Government ministers and Parliamentarians working on climate change and the environment and have ideas for impactful campaigns that aim to enhance the natural environment and tackle climate change. 2020 is a key year for CEN, not least because of the UK hosting UNFCCC COP26.
The main focus of the role will be the strategic leadership of the organisation, including fundraising, and overall responsibility for the delivery of CEN’s programme of campaigns and events.
- Managing the CEN team (including Senior and Junior Programmes Managers) and nurturing a complex landscape of stakeholders locally, nationally, and internationally
- Leading fundraising and development
- Building the profile of the organisation and representing CEN publicly through insightful commentary, talks and speeches, social media, and events
- Coordinating the work of the CEN Parliamentary Caucus
- Growing the Membership and appealing to a broad range of ‘green’ conservatives
- A firm belief in conservative environmentalism and a good understanding of the policy issues
- Previous experience working in Westminster and Whitehall
- A self-motivated individual excited about leading a small team and who can work independently
- Experience of working with an active board
- Excellent communication skills
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
We reserve the right to consider applications before this date.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to Benet Northcote, CEN Board Member, at firstname.lastname@example.org