Date Added: 8 August 2019
: 18 August 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Officer/ Campaigns and Public Affairs Assistant
Working For: Independent Age
Salary: £30,000 (Public Affairs Officer), £23,000 (Campaigns and Public Affairs Assistant)
Public Affairs Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and driven influencer to deliver change for older people, as part of a high impact team at Independent Age.
- Deliver high profile events and activity in Westminster and at a local level;
- Keep abreast of political intelligence and identify new opportunities to influence public policy on the issues affecting older people;
- Communicate Independent Age’s positions clearly and effectively using a range of high impact and innovative approaches;
- Contribute to ensuring that older people’s needs are at the heart of our work and high on the political agenda.
You will have experience of developing good relationships with parliamentarians and members of local government, as well as a strong understanding of parliamentary process and how to campaign for change.
Campaigns and Public Affairs Assistant (one year FTC)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Campaigns and Public Affairs Assistant to join our ambitious Influencing team.
Independent Age campaigns fearlessly for equality and fairness and puts older people at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised and dynamic individual to work with the Campaigns team, Public Affairs team, and colleagues across the organisation, to:
- Provide support for a wide range of campaigns and public affairs activity, including assisting in developing and drafting email communications to both supporters and politicians, building online campaign actions, monitoring political activity, writing website copy and helping to coordinate activities.
- Work with the Campaigns Manager and Campaigns Officers to build and maintain an active network of campaigners who take regular action to support our campaigns.
- Work with the Public Affairs Manager and Public Affairs Officer to undertake parliamentary and stakeholder monitoring, keep colleagues updated with important developments, highlight opportunities to raise our issues in Parliament, and draft parliamentary updates.
- Support thepreparation and delivery of parliamentary and campaigns events, such as parliamentary receptions and drop-ins, meeting local older people’s groups, and party conference activity.
- Provide administrative support to the Influencing team (Campaigns and Public Affairs) as required.
Closing Date: 18 August 2019
To apply for either of these roles please submit a CV and covering letter to: