Date Added: 8 August 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Client Events Team Assistant
Working For: Dods Group plc
Salary: £21,000 pro rata
We are looking for an assistant to join our team to help support our Event Project Managers in the production & delivery of a wide portfolio of events organised by Dods. Events include, conferences, roundtables, award ceremonies & receptions (within the UK & EU), as well as events at the autumn Party conferences.
This is an exciting position for someone interested in UK politics & public policy & wanting to explore the world of events. We are looking for a candidate who is hard-working, organised & has excellent time management skills. The candidate will need to be a clear communicator, comfortable working across the political spectrum & be willing to turn your hand to new challenges.
- Help review & source new venues, caterers, AV suppliers etc.
- Undertake & manage event logistics, including travel, couriers, hotel bookings etc.
- Research possible event themes/topics & potential invitees.
- Assist in the marketing of events, including drafting invitations & marketing collateral.
- Manage event invitations & RSVPs.
- Manage the events team’s social media & update event websites.
- Prepare event materials and support at events for example with set up/break down, delegate registration, speaker liaison, roving mics etc.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent mix of the following capabilities:
- Ability to multi-task & work on a range of events & projects at any one time.
- Confident & polite on the phone and in person, speaking with Parliamentarians and senior stakeholders.
- The ability to learn quickly & to think on your feet.
- Excellent attention to detail & ability to work to deadlines.
- A team player with good written & oral communication & problem-solving skills.
- A good knowledge of MS Office applications (especially Excel and Word).
- Available for evening and weekend work & on an overnight basis.
- A confident user of social media, and experience of updating websites.
- Experience of using photoshop.
- Awareness of UK’s current affairs.
Please note you must be available to attend the below:
- Labour Party Conference | Sunday 22 September - Wednesday 25 September
- Conservative Party Conference | Sunday 29 September – Wednesday 2 October
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis from 19 August and we are looking for an immediate start where possible. Please be aware, we may appoint someone before the closing date.
To apply, please send your CV and short covering note which outlines why you want this role and detailing your experience.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Client Events Team Assistant - Application” in the subject line of the email.
Due to high volumes of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.