Date Added: 9 August 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs Executive
Working For: Lansons
Lansons is looking for a public affairs (PA) executive to bolster its PA offer. This is a fast-paced support role in which you would be working as an integral member of client teams, responsible for the administration and smooth running of our client programmes.
At least six months to a year’s experience in a PA role or in Parliament would help equip you for the role and allow you start with confidence.
The role is varied and some of the responsibilities include:
- Research for client projects and initiatives
- Maintaining evaluation documents for clients
- Providing political monitoring for clients
- Assisting in planning for events, including liaison with venues and suppliers
- Drafting briefing documents to brief clients on forthcoming meetings with journalists
- Attending weekly team meetings and being responsible for weekly actions document
- Providing briefing notes and political monitoring for clients
- Drafting responses to Parliamentary and stakeholder consultations
- Networking and building your contact base within the industry
- Identifying and contributing to new business
Our ideal candidate will have a keen interest in PA and a thorough understanding of parliamentary processes in Westminster with a developing network of contacts in public affairs and parliamentary worlds. A keen eye for detail, proactivity, strong communication and collaboration skills, and excellent organisation skills are essential. An ability to handle and respond effectively to media enquiries. The role will also include a need to be able to confidently communicate with senior colleagues and external individuals. It will also require a good working knowledge and experience in using social media, and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Lansons’ employees are the heart of our agency and we aim to be a special place to work, offering people career guidance, training and genuine career progression and professional development throughout their time with us. We are proud to say we don’t have a gender pay gap. Our commitment to being a great place to work has been recognised with a Masters Award for being in the top 50 Best Workplaces for an amazing fifteen years in a row. We also feature in the top 21 of medium-sized companies to be recognised as the UK’s Best Workplaces for Women 2019.
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
If you have an interest in current affairs, the news, the media and business, we would love to hear from you.
Interviews will commence asap and we may hold interviews and appoint before the closing date for the right candidate, so we would encourage early applications.
Please send your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter or email to set out why you think you would add value to Lansons. We regret to inform that due to the large number of applications we are unable to respond to every applicant.