Date Added: 9 August 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Policy Adviser, Infrastructure - Transport
Working For: The Confederation of British Industry
Based at our Cannon Place office, the CBI infrastructure team works with businesses and government to help change policy to enable the delivery of critical infrastructure – including transport, energy and housing – which underpins the UK economy and supports a more prosperous society.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, the jobholder will be responsible for the CBI’s work on transport policy including:
- Consulting with CBI members to develop policy positions that represent the business view on a wide range of transport issues from airport expansion to transport devolution.
- Co-ordinating with colleagues in the infrastructure team to ensure consistency and coherence in our messages to government and businesses.
- Working with civil servants to shape transport policy to support the objectives of UK businesses.
- Developing a compelling offer on transport to encourage more businesses to join the CBI.
Developing the CBI’s transport policy positions, both new and existing, including:
- Demonstrating a strong grasp of the contextual policy issues affecting transport, including fiscal policy, regional growth and industrial strategy.
- Working with CBI members to continually develop policy positions, including managing competing business and commercial interests to produce policy positions with broad support
- Working on discrete projects (e.g. policy briefs, reports, consultation responses), using project management skills to track progress, manage risk and measure success
- Working with colleagues in the CBI’s regional offices to extend the CBI’s infrastructure work regionally
- Drafting and presenting papers for the CEO-level Infrastructure Board and the Transport Policy Working Group.
Building strong internal and external relationships, including:
- Acting as a first point of contact within the CBI for members, staff, and other stakeholders on transport policy, including advising your line manager and director
- Meeting regularly with officials in key government departments, including the Department for Transport, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and HM Treasury
- Proactively working with colleagues across the directorate and other teams to fully exploit synergies with other policy areas, as well as commercial, membership and media opportunities
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'PA - Infrastructure' as the subject.