Date Added: 9 August 2019
: 27 August 2019
Job Title: Caseworker (Part Time)
Working For: Stella Creasy MP (Walthamstow)
Salary: £24,000 Pro Rata (20 Hours per week)
Stella Creasy is looking to employ a part-time Caseworker to join her team in Walthamstow. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a busy team working with the MP to support the people of Walthamstow.
The role will focus on constituency administration and casework and will involve dealing directly with constituents on a wide range of issues.
This would suit someone wishing to work flexibly in a local community.
- General office administration and support
- Corresponding with constituents about casework issues on behalf of the Member
- Providing information, advice and support to constituents over the phone or in writing
- Liaising with central and local government organisations
- Maintaining accurate records
The following skills are essential:
- A polite and professional manner
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- The ability to make written representations of a high standard, accurately and concisely
- Good IT skills (proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel)
- The ability to prioritise and manage a caseload efficiently
- Record keeping and dealing with confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- The ability to work independently, whilst also contributing to a small, tight-knit team
- Knowledge and understanding of the political landscape
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour and Co-Operative parties
The following skills are desirable:
- Prior experience of advice/casework
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Knowledge of casework processing software, such as Caseworker.MP
- Understanding of GDPR
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 27 August 2019
Interviews will take place on Thursday 29th August in Walthamstow.
The start date for the post will be as soon as possible thereafter.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter of no more than 700 words on why you would be the best person for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that sadly due to resource constraints only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, so if you do not hear from Stella’s office by the interview date please assume your application has not been taken forward. Please also note the MP will not be involved in shortlisting, and any attempts to contact her directly about this role will result in automatic disqualification from consideration.