Date Added: 9 August 2019
: 26 August 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: UK Anti-Doping
The purpose of the role is to drive UK Anti-Doping’s social media presence other digital presence and provide general support to the Communications team in promoting the work of UK Anti-Doping and supporting the wider objectives of the Strategic Plan 2018- 2022.
The main tasks include assisting in the development, implementation and evaluation of communications campaigns and leading on the social media and digital enhancement of the campaigns.
Further information as well as our staff benefits can be found at https://www.ukad.org.uk/communications-officer
- A Level or equivalent qualifications
- Relevant work experience
- Experience of managing a workload effectively to meet set deadlines
- Experience of writing in an engaging and informative style
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Competent and proven writing and editing skills for a range of target audiences and channels
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communications skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of social media channels in particular Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Knowledge of content management systems to update website content
- Ability to work with external partners and suppliers
- Ability to prioritise own workload in order to meet set deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to operate with minimal supervision
- Creative approach to work, with the ability to develop innovative solutions and use initiative in problem solving
- Strong team player with the ability to show understanding and sensitivity to others’ views and objectives and to support other team members as required
Please note: The place of work for this role is currently Fleetbank House, London. UKAD is intending to relocate many of its roles to offices on the Loughborough University Campus in the future. We are currently looking at which roles this will affect but no decision has yet been made. There will be an opportunity to discuss this further if you are invited for interview.
Closing Date: 26 August 2019
Interviews will take place the week of 2 September, and start date as soon as possible.
To apply please complete a UKAD Application Form, Criminal Convictions Declaration Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which can be found at https://www.ukad.org.uk/communications-officer, outlining how you meet the person specification and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 on the closing date.
Please note CVs and/or cover letters will not be accepted.
15th August 2019 - The Closing Date has been extended from 23 Aug 2019 to 23:59 on 26 Aug 2019. The Interview Dates have been updated. The Job Details section has been updated.