Date Added: 9 August 2019
: 30 August 2019
Job Title: Borough Campaign Manager - Cheshire
Working For: Cheshire West and Chester Conservative Group
We are seeking to appoint a Borough Campaign Manager who can help us develop our local campaigns across Cheshire. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual who thrives on a wide-range of challenges.
This is a frontline campaigning position, where your interpersonal skills will be crucial.
Political and campaigning priorities can change quickly, so you should not see this a normal 9-5 role. You will be prepared to provide hands-on-sleeves-rolled up support and go over and beyond to get the job done.
Working with our local volunteer teams and elected representatives, you will be responsible for developing our activist networks and building our campaigning structures. You will lead our voter contact programmes and organise a comprehensive fundraising programme. You will produce local campaign literature and develop our online presence.
What you will be doing
Responsibilities will include:
- To develop an on-going programme of incumbency activities
- Recruit volunteers and build campaign teams
- Support an on-going voter contact programme, including phoning and door-to-door canvassing
- Organise high-profile political meetings and events
- Create a comprehensive fundraising programme
- Produce local Party literature and building a delivery network
- Maintain and expand a presence on multiple social media platforms
- Plan and implement a full “get out the vote” operation on polling day
What we are looking for
Skills and capabilities:
- Well organised with a professional attitude
- Able to take ownership for fulfilling tasks and meeting deadlines
- An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Solid motivation skills, able to inspire colleagues and Party volunteers
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
What we will provide
- A full training programme will be provided to ensure you are supported throughout every aspect of the job, together with an opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications.
- Benefits, which include 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, a pension, various salary sacrifice schemes (childcare, cycle to work, interest free season loan ticket) plus more.
Closing Date: 30 August 2019
We would be looking to hold the first round of interviews week commencing 2nd September.
Please submit CV to Recruitment@conservatives.com or send to Human Resources Department, CCHQ, 4 Matthew Parker Street, London SW1H 9HQ by no later than the closing date (early applications are welcome).
WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK.
If you have not heard from us by 9th September please assume that, regrettably, your application has been unsuccessful this time.