Date Added: 12 August 2019
: 26 August 2019
Job Title: Data Analyst – Intern
Working For: InfluenceMap
Salary: £24,000 per annum equivalent
We are a London-based think tank, working on the cutting edge of climate and sustainability issues. Our highly original analysis of the climate agenda is covered in the media globally, used and acted on by hundreds of investors and has informed numerous NGO campaigns. We are probably best known for our unique platform for analyzing corporate lobbying on climate policy.
Joining us is an opportunity to be part of a friendly and dynamic team, work with our global network of partners in finance, the media and campaigning worlds and help develop our cutting-edge content which is helping shape the agenda on climate change.
One of our core values is the use of data-driven research to create compelling narratives on climate change for use by the media, investors and campaign groups. You will be involved in both of our key work streams: climate lobbying and climate finance. You will work with the project managers and analysts on creating content and informing our end users.
This is a full-time entry-level internship, based in our office at 40 Bermondsey Street, London for 4 months, although there is potential for it to turn into a permanent position.
- Testing, manipulating and aggregating data from our financial data providers Reuters, S&P and Bloomberg
- Analysing the robustness of investors corporate engagement programs
- Researching company lobbying activities, helping maintain IM’s corporate lobby scoring database
You will report to the Research Director and work closely with team members to ensure you have all the information you need to do your job. You will be empowered to be assertive and use your initiative in this role.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and handle time-sensitive work
- Excellent analytical, numerical skills
- Excellent internet skills, strong attention to detail in all aspects of your work
- Advanced Excel and Word skills essential
- Fluent English with excellent writing skills (we aspire to the writing style of The Economist)
- A good university first degree BSc/BA
- Right to work in the UK
- Knowledge of our work area (climate change/finance/business nexus) is not essential but an interest would be useful
- The position would be ideal for a recent graduate looking for experience in the sector
Closing Date: 26 August 2019
Interviews will be at 40 Bermondsey Street within 2 weeks of the application closing date and with a view to an immediate start (August/September 2019)
Early applications are welcome.
Requests for partial home-working are entirely possible
InfluenceMap values diversity and equal opportunities; applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please indicate clearly which IM position you are applying for and how you found out about the vacancy.
Please provide your CV (two pages max), cover letter (one page max) and reference/s in one PDF file, emailed to: email@example.com. Please include all the information you wish to be considered in this PDF file.