Date Added: 13 August 2019
: 26 August 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern
Working For: Dr Phillip Lee MP (Bracknell)
Salary: London Living Wage - £10.55 per hour
Parliamentary internship based in the Westminster office of Dr Phillip Lee, the Member of Parliament for Bracknell, for a period of six months (fixed-term contract, 32hrs p/w).
Main responsibilities include:
- Helping to draft policy-related correspondence
- Assisting with project work
- Supporting the MP and casework team with research on a range of complex subjects
- Managing parliamentary tours for constituents
- Providing administrative support
Skills & experience:
- Very high standard of writing, communication and administrative skills
- Competent in the use of Apple hardware and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to assimilate, analyse and present information from a variety of sources
- Knowledge of UK politics and current affairs
- Experience of working in a small team (Desirable)
- Experience of dealing with members of the public (Desirable)
- Existing right to work in the UK
- Fluent English speaker
All applications will be considered on merit. The successful candidate will be given all necessary support and training during employment.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 26 August 2019
Interviews to be held in early September.
Start date: September/October 2019 (specific dates will be finalised on appointment).
Applicants should apply by email to email@example.com attaching a CV (max. 2 pages) and a one-page covering letter setting out: 1. Why they would like to work for Dr Phillip Lee MP 2. How they meet the role criteria.
Please note, applicants will only receive a response if shortlisted for interview.
All enquiries: 020 7219 1270.