Date Added: 13 August 2019
: 29 August 2019
Job Title: Administrative Officer - 4 days per week
Working For: Luciana Berger MP (Liverpool, Wavertree)
Salary: Part time. In line with IPSA payscales (between £22,000-£24,000 depending on experience)
I am looking for a highly motivated Administrative Officer to support the work of my busy Parliamentary Office. The successful candidate will provide a range of administrative support that will contribute towards the dynamic running of my office.
My team and I are committed, friendly, hardworking and innovative. We are also well-integrated – the constituency office interacts with the Westminster office on a daily basis and we often all work together during parliamentary recess. We are very busy – together we deal with hundreds of pieces of casework and correspondence every month.
You must be enthusiastic, very organised and good at juggling lots of things in order to help me in my parliamentary functions and fulfil my commitment to best represent my constituents. A sense of humour is a must.
You don’t have to have worked for an MP before but please share any relevant experience.
This role can be worked on compressed hours across five days, and may be suitable for someone with caring responsibilities.
- Diary management.
- Assisting with the arrangement of events/meetings.
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public.
- Responding to enquiries by telephone/email from both the general public and key stakeholders.
- Passing on queries to other team members as appropriate.
- Opening and distributing mail.
- Filing, record keeping and typing correspondence.
- Providing tours of Parliament for constituents as necessary.
- Undertake general administrative tasks and other tasks as necessary.
- A friendly and approachable attitude with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- A natural interest in building relationships across a broad spectrum of people and organisations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident interacting with people at all levels.
- Able to deal with constituents in a helpful, sympathetic and sensitive manner.
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload to meet deadlines and an eye for detail.
- Able to maintain the highest standard of professional integrity, discretion and probity and a commitment to ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Able to work effectively in a small team.
- Competent use of IT including full proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working and dealing with the general public.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 August 2019
Application deadline: 12 noon on the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
Interviews: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview week commencing 2 September.
Start Date: ASAP
Please apply by emailing your CV (max.two pages) and a covering letter (max.one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Administrative Officer.
Regrettably, it is not be possible to respond to each applicant. If you have not heard back by 17:00 on Monday 2 September, unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.