Date Added: 13 August 2019
: 25 August 2019
Job Title: Campaign Manager (North East Somerset)
Working For: Bath and North East Somerset Liberal Democrats
Location: Bath, with travel around North East Somerset
Salary: Up to £25,000 (dependent on experience)
Contract: Full-time (40 hours a week), fixed for 6 months with the possibility of longer term employment
Must be able to drive.
Reporting to: Nick Coates
The Liberal Democrats are in prime position to win the North East Somerset constituency from incumbent Jacob Rees-Mogg after winning the popular vote in the local elections and European elections in May this year.
This exciting role has been created for a highly organised individual who is an excellent communicator.
A natural motivator of people, you will inspire our volunteers across North East Somerset and will have both the strategic mind and practical skills to deliver a win for the Liberal Democrats.
The Campaign Manager for North East Somerset will be responsible for the party’s General Election campaigning in the area.
- Campaign plan implementation
- Recruitment, motivation and retention of a network of volunteers
- Organisation of candidate diary and events
- Monitor media coverage. Initiate and respond to enquiries with the media, lobbyists and pressure groups, both local and national.
- Contributing to the production and distribution of campaign literature
- Management of candidate website, facebook and twitter pages
- Database management
- Office management as required
- Will be collaborating with other office staff and with other members of the candidate’s Campaign Team in terms of messaging and campaign delivery.
- Strong communication skills to work with councillors, candidates, local members/ supporters/ volunteers from across North East Somerset as well as NES Prospective Parliamentary Candidate
- Excellent levels of personal organisation and project management
- A proven track record of recruiting and training volunteers
- Self-motivated but also a team player
- Ability to use and pick up IT systems quickly.
- High competence in political messaging and copy writing for the different media platforms and for traditional literature.
- Some knowledge of advertising via social media channels and video production would be an advantage
- A grasp of local and national Liberal Democrat issues and messages.
Flexible working will be expected in this job. There will be the need to work long hours at certain times in the political calendar.
Closing Date: 25 August 2019
Interview on 27th August 2019 in Bath. Please let us know on application if you cannot make this date or have any preferences for time.
Send a covering letter and CV with referees, clearly outlining your suitability for the role against the person specification and job description, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate with your application a) whether you are able to drive and have your own vehicle and b) when you are available to start.