Date Added: 14 August 2019
: 12 September 2019
Job Title: Communications Advisor
Working For: Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire
Salary: £34,788-£38,813 Full Time, Permanent
We need a dynamic, creative and motivated communicator who can source, develop and deliver outstanding content to a range of audiences.
The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority has a bold, ambitious and transformational agenda which brings a fantastic opportunity to craft compelling communications through a range of channels and media.
The Communications Advisor will work within the Communications Team support the priorities and strategic agenda of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, the Business Board, and the authority's elected Mayor. Working within the Mayor's political office the successful applicant will:-
- Handle all aspects of communications, including preparing press releases, planning and delivering communications campaigns, creating social media content and building relationships with media and stakeholders.
- Support meeting internal communications, marketing and website demands.
- Work closely with officers, and within the Mayor’s Office, to seek communications opportunities.
- Be comfortable working to tight deadlines.
- Work within a political environment demonstrating political awareness in all aspects of the role.
- Be encouraged to demonstrate their creative thinking, ideas sharing and proactive planning.
We need a candidate who has:-
- Several years’ experience in PR, communications and marketing with a professional qualification a significant advantage. Experience in journalism would also be relevant.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to produce clear, accurate and engaging content.
- A track record of delivering high quality communications materials to tight deadlines.
- Experience of creating content to suit a range of media.
- Experience of marketing as well as having experience of managing, monitoring and updating websites.
- A reputation for being a self-starter, and someone who has a record of creativity.
- Experience of engagement with politics and politicians, either nationally or locally, would be an advantage.
In return we are offering a highly competitive salary, opportunities for flexible working and entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For full details visit: https://www.cambridgeshirepeterborough-ca.gov.uk/about-us/recruitment/
Closing Date: 12 September 2019
To apply, send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suited to this role to by the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org