Date Added: 14 August 2019
: 12 September 2019
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Assistant
Working For: Yorkshire Water
Salary: £20,055-£25,068 dependent on experience plus benefits
Benefits: quarterly bonus + pension + 25 days holiday
Location: Livingstone House, Leeds
Purpose of the role
The Yorkshire Water Corporate Affairs team plays a key role in managing the company’s external reputation with politicians, regulators, partners and other stakeholders. The team is also responsible for managing communications during crisis incidents and for influencing policy in order to further the company’s objectives.
The Corporate Affairs Assistant role focuses on supporting the team to implement the company’s Corporate Affairs strategy including through research, event organisation and administrative support.
- Supports the Public Affairs Team in the delivery of its activities and objectives
- Helps build and maintain effective relationships with key external stakeholders e.g. local authorities, local councillors, parish councils, interest groups and MPs.
- Provides research and information to support the development and deliver of key activities.
- Supports the development of policy influencing campaigns.
- Assists with the organisation of internal and external events.
- Works with external agencies to ensure that up-to-date information of external matters such as parliamentary activity and regulatory changes are shared with senior managers.
- Responds to stakeholder enquiries via letter, email, phone calls and social media.
- Maintains effective relationships with key external influencers to build trust and support the company strategic objectives
- Supports the work of the team in issues management (CRMT, CIMT and CMT etc)
- To provide administrative support to the Public Affairs Team
- To work with Corporate Affairs colleagues to deliver team objectives and plans
- To be flexible within your role, operating outside own area of specialism to meet business needs when required.
Closing Date: 12 September 2019
For further information and how to apply, please see our website: