Date Added: 14 August 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Local Party Organiser
Working For: Westminster & City of London Liberal Democrats
Salary: Circa £20,000
Westminster Liberal Democrats are looking for a Local Party Organiser to help it meet its potential. In the 2019 European election the Liberal Democrats took more votes than the other main parties combined in the borough. Westminster comprises two parliamentary seats – one Labour, one Conservative and a Conservative council.
There will be a lot of campaigning to do but we need someone who can do all the work necessary to support that. You will be a self starting and dynamic person able to support on all facets of local party management including volunteer activation, member engagement, communication, website maintenance, literature creation and more. Working with the Executive and membership, you will help to shape and support the local party as it grows and prepares for elections.
You’ll be smart, organised, a self-starter who makes things happen and gets things done. Who’s in command of social media, understands issues, makes the most of technology, picks up the phone to members and can stay on top of a campaign.
Whatever the election, together with our chair, the Executive and the candidates, the right organiser will be at the beating heart. The role is based in an office in the West Hampstead/Kilburn area in a shared office with the opportunity to work from home on occasion.
- Work with the campaigns team to build local capacity and shape the party’s campaigning
- Increase party membership and renewal of lapsed members
- Regularly communicating with supporters and members
- Organising and running both social and campaigning events
- Produce literature and digital content
- Organise and promote relevant training for activists in campaigning techniques
- Co-ordinate a programme of regular voter identification and engagement
- Support the maintenance of the campaigns and membership databases
- Provide support to the Executive in their work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organised and used to taking initiative or working as part of a team
- Able to balance competing priorities
- Experience of political campaign
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with tools used by the Lib Dems, including Connect, NationBuilder, Salesforce and PagePlus as well as social media.
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
The ideal candidate would be able to start in mid-September.
Please send CV and covering letter to Helen Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org including "Party Organiser Role" in the subject line.