Date Added: 14 August 2019
: 27 August 2019
Job Title: Office Manager / Communications Officers (x2)
Working For: Sarah Boyack MSP (Lothian)
Salary: £27,729 (Office Manager) / £21,626 pro rata (Communications Officer)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acting with the delegated authority of the MSP to manage all office and staffing arrangements
- Providing a comprehensive secretarial, casework, research and administrative support service, as required
- Line managing and leading the team’s paid employees and volunteers
- Participating in the control and forecasting of the office budgets
- Managing, reviewing and developing administration procedures
- Carrying out duties or projects delegated by the MSP, as required
- Policy, Strategy and Communications Advice
- Acting as principal adviser to the MSP on all research, campaigns, communications and casework matters
- If required, drafting speeches for engagements carried out by the MSP
- Representing the MSP in a professional and effective manner in dealings with the media, constituents and other outside bodies.
External and Internal Liaison:
- Handling enquiries from constituents and stakeholders and drafting written correspondence, where appropriate
- Tracking and monitoring the quality of the responses to constituents and ensuring all enquiries are answered within the agreed timescale.
- Looking after all aspects of the MSP’s diary
- Working directly with the MSP on all incoming mail, advising on relevant background, as required
- Managing constituency and parliamentary meetings.
Communications Officer (Part time)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of the MSP nationally and locally;
- Producing high quality press briefings, speeches, presentations and written materials;
- Identifying forthcoming events which may provide potential media opportunities;
- Organising interviews and press conferences on behalf of the MSP and accompany her on request;
- Developing e-communications with constituents and groups campaigning on local issues across the constituency;
- Using and monitoring social media channels to communicate with all stakeholders;
- Maintaining administrative and information systems, to support communications work in the parliament/constituency;
- Working in a flexible and confidential manner at all times and as part of a team.
Closing Date: 27 August 2019
Interviews will be the week after the closing date. Start date as soon as possible.
Applicants should submit a C.V. with accompanying supporting statement of no more than one page demonstrating why you have the skills for the role to Sarah by email at