Date Added: 14 August 2019
: 23 August 2019
Job Title: Administrative, Membership and Events Executive
Working For: The Britain-Australia Society
- Manage and maintain office to ensure it is clean, safe, well stocked and tidy.
- Order stationery, business cards and other items as necessary.
- Liaise with building management on Facilities related issues including lease obligations.
- Coordinate office maintenance in coordination with building managers.
- Coordinate all IT maintenance and administration.
- Responsible for shipping/mailing/courier needs.
- Administration of supplier invoices and payments, resolve queries with suppliers, ensure timely processing of all payments.
- Prepare and administer all outgoing invoices, including member renewals and management fees.
- Administer the monthly payroll process in conjunction with Executive Director, providing payroll information to the outsourced provider; ensure that employee pay, and benefits are accurate.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing monthly and annual accounts in coordination with registered accountant.
- Design and maintain a comprehensive filing system (paper and electronic).
Member Engagement and Event Management
- Act as first point of contact for all visitors and Members.
- Monitor general office inbox and telephones, including voicemails.
- Manage diaries, including contributing to events calendar.
- Coordinate internal and external communications and meetings.
- Draft, manage, and proofread documents/correspondence/presentations.
- Maintain membership database, including inputting Member data and ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
- Measure and report on membership data to Executive Director and Board.
- Ensure GDPR compliance.
- Prepare monthly newsletters and other member communications including event invitations, social media posts.
- Update the Society’s website with event details and member news.
- Organise events in collaboration with Executive Director and Chairman.
- Book and liaise with venues.
- Engage with speakers and presenters, ensure pre-event logistics briefing.
- Send invitations and reminders, ensure guest attendance.
- Organise catering, seating charts and name tags.
- Attend events and assist with set up, pack down and registration.
Closing Date: 23 August 2019
Applications close at 17.00 on the closing date. Successful candidates will be notified of interviews in the last week of August with interviews to take place shortly thereafter.
Preferred start date of late September.
To apply for the role please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm on the closing date.