Date Added: 14 August 2019
: 27 August 2019
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Sarah Boyack MSP (Lothian)
The role will cover the following key responsibilities:
- Providing rapid, accurate and detailed research on a wide range of devolved policy issues, to deliver written and oral briefings as required, including proactively engaging internal and external expertise where appropriate;
- Preparing and delivering regular briefings and updates to assist the MSP in the preparation of speeches and Parliamentary Questions;
- Drafting letters to interest groups, as required;
- Maintaining the highest standards of accuracy in your own work;
- Obtaining, understanding, analysing, presenting and communicating the required information and statistics, including sometimes rapid familiarisation with new subject areas;
- Liaising with other elected representatives in the constituency and beyond and with other colleagues in the Scottish Parliament and elsewhere;
- Liaising with think-tanks, NGOs and other external groups.
Outstanding research skills including:
- A strong understanding of Scottish Politics, and how new research and analysis would be relevant and important;
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as individually, to deliver against tight deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- The ability to manage your own work.
Closing Date: 27 August 2019
Interviews will take place the week following submission of applications. Start date as soon as possible.
Applicants should submit a C.V. with accompanying supporting statement of no more than one page demonstrating why you have the skills for the role to Sarah by email at Sarah.Boyack.MSP@Parliament.Scot by the closing date.