Date Added: 14 August 2019
: 13 September 2019
Job Title: Intern, Government & Regulatory Affairs Team
Working For: UK Finance
Salary: £19,201 per annum plus holiday pay and travel
Duties and responsibilities
This is an ideal opportunity for a bright individual with an interest in financial services who is looking to break into the world of public affairs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for monitoring parliamentary business and keeping the GRA team up to date with the latest political developments.
- Helping support the work of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Markets and Services for which UK Finance acts as secretariat.
- Monitor, and draft summaries of, relevant parliamentary sessions, including select committees and debates in both the Commons and the Lords.
- Support colleagues across the organisation in their work through providing background information, biographies, online research of documents and papers in relation to UK public officials, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support the planning of parliamentary events and engagement activity.
- Review publications, copy writing and editing.
- Undertake administrative tasks as needed.
- A strong standard of education.
- The role would be ideally suited to a recent graduate or candidate who has had some experience of working in an office environment.
- Computer literacy, particularly good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Skills and competencies
- An interest in UK politics and policy.
- Strong personal time-management and organisation skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Good research capabilities.
- Good writing and verbal-communication skills.
- An ability to operate effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- A basic knowledge of the major social-media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- An interest in the financial-services industry.
- An ability to multitask, handling a number of projects and deadlines concurrently.
- Enthusiastic can-do attitude.
Closing Date: 13 September 2019
Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com