Date Added: 16 August 2019
: 20 September 2019
Job Title: Research Fellow, Environment & Energy Unit
Working For: Policy Exchange
Policy Exchange is one of the UK’s most influential think-tanks, which produces widely praised and highly influential pieces of public policy research. Policy Exchange’s award winning Environment & Energy Unit was established in 2008, and conducts innovative and independent policy research into a wide range of environmental, infrastructure and regulatory challenges.
We’re ambitious about the next phase of our work. We know that reaching net zero emissions and reversing ecological decline will require much bolder, deeper and broader policy solutions than the UK has implemented so far. This will affect every aspect of British life and society. Policy Exchange plans to lead the way with policy solutions that deliver economic, social and environmental prosperity.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced analyst to contribute to our energy and environment research work. The successful applicant will work with a diverse mix of Ministers and Shadow Ministers; civil servants; Special Advisers; MPs and NGOs and offers a chance to be at the forefront of public debate in one of the most compelling, controversial and high-profile policy areas, during a period of significant change.
To be a strong candidate, you should demonstrate the following:
- A strong understanding of and interest in energy and/or environment policy.
- A good degree in a relevant subject. A postgraduate qualification in a related area is desirable.
- 2-8 years’ relevant professional experience in policy-making and/or policy-related research and/or relevant commercial experience.
- An interest in contemporary politics.
- Communication skills, especially written.
- Broadly supportive of market-based and localist solutions to public policy questions.
- Good networking skills.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
To apply, please refer to the full job advert on our website at https://policyexchange.org.uk/opportunities/research-fellow-environment-energy-unit/
We encourage applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.