Date Added: 16 August 2019
: 16 October 2019
Job Title: Researcher, Scotland Policy Conferences
Working For: Westminster Forum Projects
Help produce conferences that help move forward thinking on some of the most important policy issues for Scotland being examined by policymakers and stakeholders.
Policy areas where conferences are being planned include telecoms infrastructure, improving care provision, renewables investment and children’s mental health.
- Constructive, inclusive, challenging and strictly impartial;
- Important occasions for policymakers in the Scottish Parliament and Government.
- Highly demanding but very rewarding - in a company that is commercially focused and expanding;
- Part of a small team working on all aspects of event production;
- Following latest policy developments and news relating to policy issues affecting Scotland - and researching issues, possible speakers and contacts;
- Drafting agendas and promotional text;
- Liaising with speakers and chairs; and
- Attending and contributing to the smooth operation of our seminars and receptions held in Edinburgh.
What we’re looking for:
- Quick learners
- Some solid work experience - in policy, conference production, journalism and public affairs;
- Bright graduates with exceptional aptitude and professional outlook;
- Practical focus and passionate about helping achieve our mission of providing policy makers with the context to make best decisions;
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify key issues from a range of stakeholder viewpoints;
- Clear, stylish accurate writing is essential.
There's a high degree of fast-paced multi-tasking but support from senior editorial staff and the rest of the 80-strong team is always on hand.
- Scotland Policy Conferences (SPC) is a division of Westminster Forum Projects, a market leader in organising impartial, senior-level seminars on public policy;
- Our work enjoys considerable support from legislators, government, professional bodies, industry, the third sector, and amongst interest groups in Scotland;
- SPC conferences take place in Edinburgh, but the company is based in our lively, friendly head office in Bracknell, Berkshire, with convenient rail and road links;
- An expanding organisation with plenty of opportunities for career progression for the right candidates;
Closing Date: 16 October 2019
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Officer indicating current salary and why you believe you would be suitable for the role – firstname.lastname@example.org