Date Added: 19 August 2019
: 20 September 2019
Job Title: Conference Producer
Working For: Westminster Insight and Holyrood Insight
Salary: £21,000-£25,000, depending on experience
Westminster Insight and Holyrood Insight produce exciting conferences, forums, briefings, and workshops on public policy topics; and private sector forums and events.
The role is to research and develop one day conferences, half day forums, and half day workshops for delegates across public, private, and voluntary sectors.
- Project management from inception to programme sign off, delivery of key targets/ deadlines for each event.
- Design and writing of the event programme from start to finish.
- Research, undertaken through the completion of a conference brief.
- Desk research and in-depth telephone research, to ensure viability of programmes.
- Research, selection of and liaison with senior-level speakers.
- Writing copy for marketing materials and website.
- Desk, telephone and face-to-face research with industry contacts to develop new event topics.
- Identification of audience, commercial partners and sponsors.
- Collaboration with marketing, sponsorship sales, and logistics teams.
- Communicating updates to the wider team and senior management.
- Industry research to identify key trends, competitor events, new topics and revenue streams.
- Working to strict deadlines and working in cycles.
- Liaise with speakers in the lead up to events.
- Acting as main contact for speakers on the day of the conference.
- Dealing with speakers post event.
Previous Experience and Knowledge:
- Excellent research skills and proof of experience.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- Experience of using negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience of writing copy.
- Good understanding of/experience of the public sector and issues.
- Experience of project management.
- Good level of IT competence.
Personal Attributes and Working Style:
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Creative flair and ability to identify key themes rapidly.
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly.
- Persuasive and able to pin down speakers.
- Ability to act quickly and solve problems.
- Willingness to use initiative and take ownership of projects.
- Maturity and professionalism.
- Team player.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
Interview dates Monday to Wednesday between 9.30am and 4pm. We may appoint before closing date if we find a suitable candidate.
Please email with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
We do not acknowledge all applicants.