Date Added: 20 August 2019
: 20 September 2019
Job Title: Internship (PR and media relations)
Working For: The Whitehouse Consultancy
Salary: London Living Wage
The Whitehouse Consultancy is an award-winning communications agency with decades of experience in public affairs, press and media relations, stakeholder engagement, crisis communications and training.
We support long-term business and policy objectives; and run high-profile campaigns for clients in the private, public and charitable sectors that influence public opinion, impact policy, legislation and regulation and build support among key opinion formers and decision makers.
We are now recruiting an Intern to provide support to the media team in our office based near London Bridge.
The internship will provide the successful candidate with a thorough understanding of media relations and traditional and new media techniques, and how to use those to manage reputation and influence public opinion and behaviour. The candidate is likely to also be exposed to event management, organic and paid social media advertising, website content management and brand strategy.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Implementing integrated PR strategies to secure company and client objectives
- Maintaining and updating information on the company and client websites and optimising for search engine rankings
- Managing and updating information and engaging with users on social media sites such as Twitter and LinkedIn
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Collating and analysing media coverage
- Organising and delivering company and client events to meet respective objectives
- Attending networking and media events as well as meetings with clients, journalists and partner organisations
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Able to demonstrate a strong interest and some experience in PR and media relations
- Able to demonstrate experience in digital media, including social media, website management and SEO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good team player, willing to contribute at every level
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
Interview and start dates TBC. All applications will be considered as they are received.
Please submit a CV and covering letter, outlining why you would like to work for The Whitehouse Consultancy and the experience and skills you are able to bring to the role, to Felix Zadek-Ewing via Felix.Zadek-Ewing@whitehouseconsulting.co.uk
21st August 2019 - The Application Details section has been updated.