Date Added: 22 August 2019
: 22 September 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: The ScaleUp Institute
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 per annum
The ScaleUp Institute is seeking a Communications Officer to join our growing team, reporting to the Head of External Affairs and working closely with the CEO.
The ScaleUp Institute (SUI) is a private sector, not-for-profit organisation focused on collaborating with Government, policy makers, corporate partners and educational establishments to make a real and identifiable impact in helping our UK high growth businesses to grow further and ‘scale up’.
Main functions of the job
- Manage full spectrum of external communications (Newsletters, ambassador updates, blogs, social media, web / social media, etc.)
- Manage media opportunities and content, including press releases; trade publications, SUI website, etc.
- Work on SUI strategic events and thought leadership publications, including Annual Review, Indices and Insights
- Work on communication strategies in conjunction with the Head of External Affairs and CEO including speech writing; specialist articles, etc.
- Work closely with partners in developing content/ comms opportunities
- Work closely with local areas and stakeholders including the development of regional events
- Liaise with external designers for content production (digital and print)
- Graduate or equivalent professional experience with 2+ Years’ experience in related roles
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills and a communications specialist
- Experience in corporate and public communications, digital marketing and project management
- Media engagement
- Experience of working in a research and policy organisation, trade association, membership organisation or start-up would be desirable
- Experience of working within the business or finance industry is a plus
- Detail oriented and quality obsessed
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Outstanding organisational and planning abilities; project management
- Excellent command of English
- Experience in Wordpress, basic graphic editing and content production (or willingness to learn if you’ve used an alternative website CMS in the past)
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Computer literacy including MS Office suite and Google Docs/Drive functionality
- Photo and video-editing software experience is an asset
For a full description of this opportunity, please follow this link: http://www.scaleupinstitute.org.uk/job/communications-officer/
Closing Date: 22 September 2019
Interviews will be scheduled for the end of September/first week of October.
Earlier interviews may be scheduled and we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
To Apply, please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not be able to acknowledge all applications.