Date Added: 22 August 2019
: 20 September 2019
Job Title: Policy Fellow
Working For: European Leadership Network
Salary: £28,000-£42,000, depending on experience
The European Leadership Network is looking to recruit a Policy Fellow to join the team at our London office. As a Policy Fellow, you would be responsible for contributing to the European Leadership Network’s policy impact, research and events agenda. Main duties include:
- Conducting research and analysis related to the core themes in the ELN agenda;
- Designing interventions on the back of this research and analysis to maximise real-world policy impact, and growing the organisation’s capacity for policy impact;
- Drafting briefing papers in English to a high publishable standard;
- Regularly publishing comment pieces on the ELN website and in other prominent outlets;
- Contributing to drafting speeches and presentations and representing the ELN at conferences and meetings;
- Doing media and briefing journalists on issues related to the ELN agenda;
- Helping to organise and manage events, conferences and overseas high-level delegation visits;
- Contributing to the growth of the ELN network and extending the ELN’s contact network;
- Helping to identify possible sources of research and event funding and sponsorship;
- Contributing to the drafting of grant applications and reports;
- Monitoring international news and events relevant to the organisation’s strategic projects;
- Helping to update the ELN website and associated social network sites such as Twitter and Facebook;
- Team working and staff management skills.
- Postgraduate university degree in international relations, security studies, European or Russian studies, or other related field;
- Specific expertise or experience with issues related to Russia-West relations, European Defence or Emerging Technology;
- Demonstrable research capabilities, including publications;
- Excellent oral and written command of English.
Not required but advantageous to your application:
- Experience of fundraising to support policy and research work;
- Experience of organizing high level events;
- Experience of public speaking, to the press or in delivering presentations to policy audiences at seminars or conferences;
- Good Russian language skills; knowledge of other European languages.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
Preferred start date: As soon as possible
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Please restrict your CV to no more than four pages (A4). This should clearly outline any relevant experience to date.
The cover letter should detail why you would be interested in this position and explain how you meet the job requirements.
Candidates must have permission to work in the UK.