Date Added: 22 August 2019
: 15 September 2019
Job Title: Economic Research Internship
Working For: Centre for Cities
Salary: £20,572.50 pro rata pa
Centre for Cities is an independent, non-partisan research and policy institute.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone seeking a first step in the world of policy and research.
The postholder would gain in-depth experience of a range of research duties through supporting the Centre’s core research team. Specific tasks for interns include: qualitative and quantitative research on aspects of the economies of UK cities and towns and desk-based research into economic conditions, trends and strategies in a number of UK and international cities.
Job Duties/Key responsibilities:
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative research
• Conduct literature reviews, policy reviews and other background research as required by the team
• Support the Centre’s research programme and deliver small scale research projects as needed
• Provide administrative and research support as required, including arranging meetings, site visits and events
• Experience in managing and manipulating large data sets
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to understand a large body of literature, draw out the key issues and apply them to the Centre’s research programme
• The ability to work well in a team
• Knowledge of economic, social and/or public policy
• Knowledge of STATA and GIS software
• Knowledge of NOMIS and other government datasets
Closing Date: 15 September 2019
Interviews, including a written test, will be held on the w/c 23rd September, 2019
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please download the application form from Centre for Cities website.
Please note to that we do not accept CVs.