Date Added: 23 August 2019
: 13 September 2019
Job Title: Events Project Manager
Working For: Dods Parliamentary Communications Limited
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Dods is an unrivalled intelligence, media, events and training specialist. Organisations have been turning to Dods for pertinent information on what’s going on in government since we first published the Dods Parliamentary Companion in 1832. We’re committed to impartiality and transparency. Political neutrality is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an experienced Event Project Manager for an exciting opportunity to organise and deliver European policy events. We are looking for a bright focused individual to join the team, largely to focus on organising and managing the content for events in Brussels. You will produce and deliver a wide portfolio of EU events organised by Dods, a publisher of the Parliament Magazine. Widely recognised as the magazine by MEPs, for MEPs, the Parliament Magazine organises various policy events, ranging from awards ceremonies to conferences, parliamentary roundtables and receptions.
• To prepare and deliver the Dods/Parliament Magazine events programme;
• Liaising with European Parliament and other EU Institutions
• To handle with confidence, delegate enquiries
• Undertake and manage the events logistics, including but not limited to travel, couriers, hotel bookings, venue sourcing, catering, AV suppliers etc.;
• To work with the Parliament Magazine team in the promotion and marketing and of all events activity, internally and externally, through various company platforms;
The ideal candidate will have an excellent mix of the following capabilities and track record:
• A proven track record of planning and executing the successful delivery of events
• An ability to work accurately and with excellent attention to detail, use initiative and prioritise tasks
• Flexibility in working patterns and the ability to work away from home for short periods at a time
• Sensitivity, judgement, and to be a team player
• Strong attention to detail
• Great written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to learn quickly and to think on your feet
• Patient, level headed and reliable
• Knowledge of and interest in EU politics
• Knowledge of Eventsforce or similar event software
The successful candidate will be required to undertake some travel and overnight stays in Brussels and potentially Strasbourg.
Closing Date: 13 September 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
The post is full-time and permanent.
Applicants are asked to send their CV and a covering letter which outlines how you meet the requirements for the role and detailing your experience, by Friday 13th September to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please include ‘Events Project Manager Application’ in the subject line of the email.
Interviews: On a rolling basis from 2nd September 2019