Date Added: 23 August 2019
: 11 September 2019
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Institute for Government
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000
The Institute for Government is currently inviting applications for a researcher position (Job Reference: RES1909). Researchers are responsible for supporting the delivery of Institute research and learning projects and are managed by senior researchers, associate directors or programme directors.
We are looking to take on a researcher to work across the Research and Learning team.
We will give you the opportunity to:
• become a core member of the Research and Learning team in a highly-respected institution at the heart of Westminster with close connections to government and all political parties
• take a fresh, evidence-based look at a range of issues, to understand the problems facing government, develop innovative solutions to these problems and influence senior decision makers to undertake improvements
• work with other Institute staff and external partners to deliver the Institute’s research and learning programme, and to lead specific project modules as appropriate
• work on projects combining traditional research with practitioner and expert workshops and stimulating public and private events. The Institute’s projects aim to generate insights while allowing senior leaders to explore the issues and generate their own solutions
• produce high-quality written reports, discussion papers and blog posts, presentations, seminars and other events.
We are looking for confident and reliable graduates who have the ability to:
• conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to build and communicate an understanding of policy problems and their causes
• deliver the results of projects, including high-quality written reports and presentations in a suitable format and style for specific targeted audiences, to challenging deadlines; and discussing project findings in the media including TV and radio
• build strong working relationships both inside the Institute and externally (including in Parliament, government departments and agencies, other organisations in the academic, public and commercial sectors and the media)
• work with our events team to organise public events, seminars and meetings, and present project findings and recommendations in these forums
• assist in the development and delivery of tailored workshops and toolkits to aid senior decision makers in government
Closing Date: 11 September 2019
Applications close at 10am on 11th September 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview on either Monday 23rd September 2019 or Tuesday 24th September 2019.
The start date will be as soon as notice periods allow for.
In order to apply for this role, please download our online application pack at our website: https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/job/researcher-0