Date Added: 23 August 2019
: 13 September 2019
Job Title: Communications and Digital Officer
Working For: Graham Simpson MSP
The Communications and Digital Officer will be responsible for communicating my work directly to constituents and businesses.
- Developing and implementing media and digital communications strategy, drafting press releases and dealing with press enquiries, liaising with journalists and stakeholders.
- Design and develop creative communications for MSP’s social media accounts and website, posting content.
- Monitoring media including social media and analysing data.
- Researching and writing articles.
- Helping to organise MSP-led local events and supporting MSP’s constituency commitments.
- Assisting staff members with casework and parliamentary duties if required.
- Previous experience as a communications officer for a similar organisation would be a strong advantage.
- Highly articulate individual with excellent digital skills, written communications and presentation skills are essential. Superb grammar is a must.
- An ability to lead communication strategy. Must be self starter.
- This post will require some constituency travel so own transport would be desirable. There is also an expectation of occasional ‘out of hours’ travel and external/internal events.
Closing Date: 13 September 2019
Interviews will be held on Monday 23 September in the Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh.
Please submit a CV and covering letter explaining why you want this role to Alexandra.Herdman@parliament.scot by 5 pm on Friday 13 September.