Date Added: 27 August 2019
: 13 September 2019
Job Title: Programme Manager
Working For: Education Endowment Foundation
Title: Programme Manager
Accountable to: Head of Programmes / Head of Programmes - Strategy
Location: London, with some travel
Contract: Full time, fixed term for 18 months with possible extension
Deadline: 17:00 on Friday 13th September 2019
About the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF)
The Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) is an independent grant-making charity dedicated to breaking the link between family income and educational achievement, ensuring that children from all backgrounds can fulfil their potential and make the most of their talents. The EEF was set up in 2011 by The Sutton Trust, as lead charity in partnership with Impetus Trust (now part of Impetus–The Private Equity Foundation), with a £125m founding grant from the Department for Education. The EEF and Sutton Trust are, together, the government-designated What Works Centre for improving education outcomes for school-aged children.
Programme Managers are at the heart of the EEF’s work. They are responsible for leading and managing a wide range of activity under a number (typically 2-3) of the EEF’s themes and priority areas, from setting up and managing initial trials of projects, through to supporting the growth of the most promising interventions and project managing guidance reports and scale-up work.
Programme Managers are the main point of expertise within the EEF on relevant themes and areas, and build and maintain relationships with the key organisations and individuals in those fields.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of strong grant applicants
- Carry out the assessment of applications, including through site visits, evidence reviews, and financial due diligence
- Work closely with colleagues and external teams to design projects and evaluations
- Manage relationships with funded organisations and support them throughout the project so that the grants result in secure and useful evaluation findings
- Work with other funders to design and manage funding rounds
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Experience or understanding of the education environment, including different education settings
- Understanding of programme evaluation methods
You can read the full job description here: https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/about/vacancies/programme-manager
Closing Date: 13 September 2019
The deadline for applications is 17:00 on Friday 13th September 2019.
Initial interviews will be held in London in September
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Your covering letter should be no more than two sides of A4 and should outline why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above, drawing on specific examples.