Date Added: 29 August 2019
: 11 September 2019
Job Title: Lead Americas Analyst
Working For: Sibylline
Sibylline is looking for a professional and experienced geopolitical risk analyst to head our Americas desk and provide thought leadership to our Latin America and North America analysts. The Americas desk supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services on geopolitical and security developments across both regions. Analysts detect, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, reputation, security and operational continuity of our clients.
This role requires both the management of the Americas team as well as the production of analytical content for the region. The lead analyst is required to work with the North and Latin America analysts, ensuring their output is analytically cogent and to manage their respective pipelines. The Lead Analyst will be required to augment our investigations function, conducting research.
- Two or more years of experience working within the political/security risk sector.
- A master's degree in either international affairs with a strong regional focus on Latin America and the Americas more broadly.
- A sound understanding of security threats to the corporate sector in the Americas.
- An understanding of the internal dynamics impacting on business and government within different states across the region
- Strong personal initiative; ability to take ownership of tasks and challenges and deliver solutions under minimal guidance.
- Ability to successfully work with people and manage projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure and collaborate effectively in teams
- Excellent attention to detail
Skills - Essential
- Excellent written English
- Advanced Spanish or Portuguese
- Thorough knowledge of political, security, criminal, and governance issues in the Americas region and a strong interest in security and intelligence;
- Excellent presentation skills, and confidence liaising with clients in writing and verbal briefings
- Excellent research skills, and ability to rapidly digest, evaluate and “sift” large quantities of information
- Analytical flair; an ability to provide rigorous, creative insight in complex situations
- High level competency with Microsoft Office
Closing Date: 11 September 2019
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org