Date Added: 30 August 2019
: 20 September 2019
Job Title: Constituency Communications Officer
Working For: Pat McFadden MP (Wolverhampton South East)
Location: Bilston, Wolverhampton
Salary: In line with IPSA scales
I am looking for a new constituency communications officer. This is a great opportunity for someone to work in politics, helping to communicate the work I do as a local MP. It will require someone who can show initiative and be a self starter, who is passionate about helping the diverse local community I represent and has an awareness and mastery of both new media and traditional communications.
- Responsible for press communications with local and national media
- Writing and distribution of press statements
- Management and development of social media communications
- Publicising local stories based on MP’s constituency work
- Development of relationships with local community organisations, faith groups and businesses
- Drafting of publications and newsletters
- Following up on inquiries from constituencies
- Excellent written English
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Initiative and self motivation
- Good people skills
- Awareness of and curiosity about politics and current affairs
- High social media awareness and skills.
The post may require some weekend and evening work where time off in lieu will be given.
A full UK driving licence and car is desirable.
The selection process will involve a written test and interview.
This can be a full time or part time post.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 September 2019
Interviews will be held after the closing date (date to be confirmed). Start date as soon as possible.
To apply please e-mail a CV and covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining why you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com with the subject “Constituency communications officer”.
Due to the large volume of applications we will be unable to provide individual feedback and will only contact those invited for interview.
13 Sept: closing date extended to 20 Sept