Date Added: 30 August 2019
: 12 September 2019
Job Title: Communications Officer
Working For: Rail Delivery Group
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 plus benefits
The railway has changed beyond recognition since a new model for running it was introduced in the 1990s. A partnership between the public and private sectors has delivered growth and innovation - increased revenue for the taxpayer, better journeys for customers and more services that support local economies. But despite investment and improvement over the last 25 years, it is clear that the system must once again be reformed to deliver more. Change must make the railway fit for future generations, delivering the best deal for our customers, holding the industry to account and creating a railway that communities and businesses across Britain can rely on to thrive in the future.
What we are looking for
As part of the strategic communications team at the RDG, we are looking for a communications officer to support the successful execution of our communications campaign, helping to shape the political, stakeholder and public perception of rail.
With over 5 years’ experience in communications and campaigning and educated to degree level or equivalent, this person will be an organised self-starter with creativity, initiative and political acumen. Having worked on other high-profile issues either in agency or for a political party, the ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the core tools and building blocks needed to run effective, integrated communications across all channels.
In order to fulfil this role it is essential the candidate:
- Has either a public affairs or media background, but with a good understanding across communications disciplines either agency or in-house
- Has proven experience of planning and supporting the execution of successful communications campaigns through the production, maintenance and management of robust and comprehensive planning calendars, tools and grids
- Is a strong writer able to produce high quality content
- Is a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
It is also desirable if they have:
- Some experience of using evaluation tools to measure campaign success
- Experience of working in a membership organisation
- Experience of rolling out campaigns across a wide range of organisational stakeholders
- Experience of acting as a central secretariat for a meetings
Closing Date: 12 September 2019
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 20 days of the advert closing I am afraid you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
If you believe you have the qualities, skills and experience we are seeking, please forward a covering letter, CV and salary expectation to: email@example.com. A full job description is available on request.