Date Added: 2 September 2019
: 30 September 2019
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Working For: Mace Media
Mace Media is a new political magazine and intelligence platform that aims to be a bridge between Westminster and the City. We’re a dynamic operation looking to grow quickly and create a loyal client base. We’re looking for someone who is politically engaged and entrepreneurial to help us grow. We’re Westminster-based with plans to make moves internationally. Our business is wide-ranging and the successful candidate would need to think in terms of online, print, books, TV, awards, events and advisory services. This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to work closely with our senior team in forging goals across the business. It’s a great opportunity to shape the future of an exciting platform – and to meet some great people as well.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with editorial and management to decide on short and long term strategy;
- Meeting with senior decision-makers in businesses across London, the UK and internationally, and explaining opportunities to them;
- Supporting us on our events and explaining the value of these to potential clients;
- Attending high end functions in a ‘brand ambassador’ capacity;
- Advising on the provision of research and briefing materials for clients;
- Advising on our awards strategy.
The successful candidate will be able to illustrate:
- An ability to mingle and hold your own with senior figures in politics, law and business;
- A shrewd commercial sense, and enjoyment of making deals;
- An interest in politics and public affairs;
- Dynamism and a natural flair suitable for a start-up environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to think laterally across an intricate and interconnected business;
- A sociable nature, but with the ability to work independently and follow up a lead where necessary.
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
Interviews will be arranged on application. Please note that we reserve the right to appoint an exceptional candidate before the closing date. You will only be contacted if you are selected to come in for an interview.
Please send a full CV and short cover letter to email@example.com