Date Added: 2 September 2019
: 13 September 2019
Job Title: Associate - Political Due Diligence
Working For: Global Counsel
Global Counsel is seeking an Associate to support its growing political due diligence practice. Political due diligence is a dedicated service providing detailed analysis of risks and opportunities relating to policy and regulatory developments through a combination of research and qualitative interviewing.
The role is based in London. As the role has a UK focus, detailed knowledge of the political system and parliamentary procedure is preferred. You will work mostly as part of a small focused team, but there will be many opportunities to collaborate with the wider company, based in London, Brussels and Singapore.
This will suit an energetic, ambitious person looking for their next career step. Recent graduates will be considered but will need to demonstrate relevant experience/interests.
Previous applicants to Global Counsel will be contacted directly in cases where we believe they may suit the position, so need not re-apply.
Role and responsibilities
- Deliver research, analysis and advice on a wide range of political, regulatory and policy developments, for both internal and external use
- Monitor relevant political developments and proactively make suggestions on when to brief clients
- Support project delivery by identifying, approaching and interviewing stakeholders, conducting policy and industry research, and writing reports
- Contribute to business development, becoming an active ambassador for Global Counsel
- Proactively contribute to the company’s collective knowledge and expertise
- Learn from the experts around you to expand and deepen your own understanding
The ideal candidate will have:
- Exemplary writing and research skills, and pedantic attention to detail
- A demonstrable ability to distil complexity for a wide range of audiences
- Detailed knowledge of UK politics and policy
- Objectivity and a ‘neutral point of view’
- Self-awareness and a strong commitment to professional and personal development
- Commercial acumen and the ability to make inferences and draw conclusions about how politics and regulations affect businesses
What we can offer
- Competitive salary and benefits
- An enviable office location in central London
- A strong professional development program
- The chance to learn from world-class strategic advisers in a fast-growing firm
Closing Date: 13 September 2019
We will interview shortlisted candidates in mid September.
There will be two rounds of interviews and a short written task.
We hope the successful candidate will be able to start by the end of September.
Please submit your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration by 17:00 BST on the closing date.