Date Added: 2 September 2019
: 30 September 2019
Job Title: Press and Public Affairs Manager
Working For: NHS Property Services
Press and Public Affairs Manager - London (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Press and Public Affairs Manager to join NHS Property Services to co-ordinate and deliver a proactive media and public affairs programme for the company.
This business-critical role will involve developing media and stakeholder engagement, parliamentary engagement and both local and national government relations activities.
This role will support the Senior Press & Public Affairs Manager developing and executing the company’s media and public affairs strategy in England to ensure maximum influence.
Key duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure a prompt and effective daily media relations response to relevant news and providing crisis communication support where needed.
- Assist in the delivery of the development of strong relationships with key trade, local and national journalists to facilitate strong coverage.
- Provide support at corporate events, campaigns, launches and other media relations events as requested.
- Build appropriate dashboard reporting and provide business updates when required.
- To support the delivery of a Public Affairs strategy to give the company maximum influence, create a positive policy environment within which it will operate effectively and promote its reputation and brand.
- To support a professional, efficient and high-quality briefing service for health ministers, for example for parliamentary questions and debates, ministerial correspondence, ministerial visits and select committee appearances, working closely with relevant branches of the Department of Health.
- To research and prepare appropriate briefings for the Chair, Chief Executive Officer and other Board members, often to short deadlines for meetings, conferences and presentations on key reputational issues.
- To work with colleagues to identify new target stakeholders in line with the company’s business plan objectives and seek proactively to strengthen these relationships.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience in a public affairs team and dealing with media enquiries.
- Proven experience of producing high quality communications for media contacts and external stakeholders.
- Excellent journalistic skills proactively identifying, developing and pitching stories and features to secure widespread media coverage.
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
To apply for this role, please send your most recent CV to email@example.com stating clearly in the subject line "Press and Public Affairs Manager application"