Date Added: 3 September 2019
: 2 October 2019
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Technology in the Public Sector
Working For: Globaldata Public Sector (formerly Kable)
Salary: £30,000-£35,000, depending on experience
GlobalData has one of the UK’s leading authorities on digital trends and ICT procurement across government. Today our team of analysts delivers a programme of research and advisory services. We are seeking an addition to our team to contribute to our coverage of technology investment and use to deliver services across local government, policing and education.
Our team is highly engaged with some of the key policy issues of the day, and provides an opportunity to conduct engaging research, and take control of your research agenda. We also offer a relaxed and flexible work environment.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
- Researching and writing strategic analysis on UK public sector technology topics for our subscribers, with an emphasis on local government and related local services
- Keeping on top of the latest developments in government policy, key technologies and suppliers, local government news and procurement, with the support of the wider team.
- Leading the team’s coverage in at least one specialist area of digital technology (such as data analytics, cybersecurity, or cloud).
- Fostering strong relationships with key suppliers in this space.
- Writing short comment and news articles for our subscribers.
- Advising clients via telephone and face-to-face briefings and responding to client queries.
- Contributing to consulting projects and custom research.
- Supporting our sales team to engage current and prospective clients.
- Promoting GlobalData and your personal brand by commenting to journalists, speaking at conferences, and making new contacts by networking in industry forums.
- Supporting our data teams in their data collection and market forecasting work.
- Knowledge of and interest in local government and the wider public sector in the UK.
- Knowledge of, or interest in, key technology developments relevant to the public sector.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proven ability to produce analysis reports in Word and PowerPoint
- Numerate and data-literate; ability to use diverse sources of data to create compelling analysis
- A helpful, collaborative team player
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about emerging technology topics
- Experience in market or social research desirable, but not essential
Closing Date: 2 October 2019
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Interviews are being conducted on a rolling basis.
Please apply via LinkedIn on: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/cap/view/1442553017/